Top 10 Reasons I’m a bad mommy
My philosophy on blogging has always been to:
Be yourself. Be transparent.
Be random. Be you….regardless
So in that vain I’d like to be honest and make a post of the top 10 reasons that make me a very bad mommy.
10. I let my son sleep with blankets in his crib starting at about 4 or 5 months, completely ignoring the whole “no blankets! no bumpers! no nothing!” that other moms tend to follow. The good thing is. He’s still alive and we’ve never had any problems….Well there was…9. The time I went to check on him and his swaddle blanket was wrapped on his head…..So for a bit I did stop that.
8. I let my son drink juice most of the day and always forget to give him water.
7. I just started remembering to brush his teeth daily.
6. I planned an over-the-top first birthday party, kept him up for hours, gave him an entire cake to himself, and completely “over-stimulated” him.
5. I’ll probably let him keep his paci until he’s 10. It’s just a battle I don’t want to fight.
4. I let him play with pens. Yup. That’s right. Writing pens. But only if the cap is on and I watch him like a hawk. Whatever it takes to keep him from screaming.
3. When he was a baby, baby, I would shower while he was on my bed. I did this until he was about 3 or 4 months old. He never went anywhere.
2. I let him watch as much TV as he wants.
1. We cuss around him and because of that yesterday he started saying “Bish, Bish”….any ideas what that word is?! Oy vey!
Phew! That feels so much better since I’ve gotten it off my chest!
::Putting on my shield and armor for the stones….::
What makes YOU bad a mommy?