You know you’re a mother…at Christmas time

You know you’re a mother…at Christmas time

When the 3 year old class comes parading in front you to do their rendition of Jingle Bell Rocks you tear up, you tear up so much you don’t even mind when the Dad who is clearly high & reeking of Jim Bean shoves his camera in your face to catch the name of the song.

You know you’re a mother…at Christmas time

When you consider making all kinds of crafts that will only end in tears, usually yours, because of the mess, the lack of organization & the waning interest, but you still pull up another tutorial for Salt Dough ornaments the next day because dammit it’s Christmas time!

You know you’re a mother…at Christmas time

When you stand in line at Toys R Us at 5 AM on your anniversary to get the Leap Pad & still walk out empty-handed because there were at least a 100 other people in front of you.

You know you’re a mother…at Christmas time

When even after the Toys R Us debacle you race across town after Target tells you they have the Leap Pads. Beg the operator to hold you one because you will be there in 20 minutes, but breathe a sigh of relief when she assures you that she doesn’t need to hold you one because they have plenty. But you still manage to not get one when you arrive at Target in 15 minutes & watch someone else pick up the last one & start hollering FUCK in the Children’s Electronics aisle.

You know you’re a mother…at Christmas time

When you contemplate pushing the offending Leap Pad buying mom… just because.

You know you’re a mother… at Christmas time

When you contemplate paying $60 more for the Leap Pad on Ebay

You know you’re a mother…at Christmas time

When you consider buying a drum set.

You know you’re a mother…at Christmas time

When you want nothing on that day but to see your child smile.

Now your turn to answer!

via pinterest (duh where else?)

Also linked up to Kat’s Writers Workshop

Related Posts with Thumbnails I hope you will join me over at Facebook

6 Responses to “You know you’re a mother…at Christmas time”

1. Alexis Grace
    Twitter: NorthOnHarper
    says:

Gosh…. all these things reply to being a wife as well!

[Reply]

2. Ixy says:

“But you still manage to not get one when you arrive at Target in 15 minutes & watch someone else pick up the last one & start hollering FUCK in the Children’s Electronics aisle.”

LOL that’s motherhood alright!! I’m not quite there yet (my daughter’s 18 months) but I see my swearing in the toy store future quite clearly already.

[Reply]

3. Angelia Sims says:

Oh man! I remember the year Tickle me Elmo was HUGE. You couldn’t find one anywhere and people were paying ridiculous amounts. I was crushed we couldn’t find one, but somehow her dad managed to get his hands on one. The things we do for our kids …..at Christmastime.
    Loved how you added Christmas time to the prompt!

[Reply]

4. Lisa Taylor says:

LOL I’ve been the ‘drum set route” more than once. My husband looks at me like my head’s spinning (which is probably is) every time I’ve suggested it. But damn it it’s Christmas & a drum set is cool – no matter the age. Great, totally identifiable, post!

[Reply]

5. Allie
    Twitter: allierambles
    says:

We are crazy at this time of year! LOL. I hear ya on all those points.

I was fortunate enough this year to be able to buy everything online. My kids are older now and want electronics and sports stuff. Thanks to Amazon and NFL shop for less stress and less gas usage. Not to mention, I didn’t have to fight the crowds as much. Yay!

You know you’re a mom at Christmas…when you stay up until 2am to wait for the kids to go to be sound asleep so Santa can deliver the goods under the tree.

Merry Christmas!

~Allie

[Reply]

6. Jamie
    Twitter: jamiegall1930
    says:

Nothing compares to a mother’s love =)

[Reply]