How To Be A Mom in 2012

1. Make a meal from Pinterest

2. Parent via Pinterest

3. Watch Dance Moms or Toddlers & Tiaras with dropped jaws, raised eyebrows & judgmental fingers wagging

4. Shop exlcusively at Totsy* or Zuily* or other kids flash sale sites

5. Trade your park hopping Converses for socially conscience Toms

6. Make cake pops

7. Use a birthday bunting at your next child’s party

8. Attend a kids party {or any party!} with a DIY photo booth or throw a kids party with a DIY photo booth

9. Discuss vaccination schedules & when to delay or not to delay them at date night

10. Eat your placenta – in any form

11. Have an iPhone, iPad or Droid chock full of kid “learning apps”

12. Paint anything in your house with chalkboard paint

13. Be able to find the closest Whole Foods or Trader Joes from anywhere in the world.

14. Serve Hummus with everything

15. Parent like the French*

16. Parent like a Tiger Mother *

17.  Have a copy of  The Happiest Baby on the Block* on your night stand

18. Know that Odeehdoh is not a form of Toddler-ese

19. Make muffin tin meals

20. Be Gluten Free

Have any to add of your own?

*Affliate links included in this post.

Related Posts with ThumbnailsI hope you will join me over at Facebook

23 Responses to “How To Be A Mom in 2012”

1. [...] last year my wildly popular post on How To Be a Mom in 2012 (part 2)? Well now here is part 3. Now let me preface this by saying two things. 1. If you [...]

2. Its Great to read that Article post. There are nice tips shared by you..

[Reply]

3. I am glad to read all about that. Good Luck for Year 2013..
    Kitchens London recently posted..How to make a small kitchen appear larger than it actually is

[Reply]

4. Mom will be always Great in any condition. There are mainy people that have no love of mom. We are lucky that we have a great mom. Thanks for pointing out such a nice concept.

5. Techdraginfo says:

The quality of material is excellent and the summary is good. Thanks for the publish.
    Techdraginfo recently posted..MP3 Player: Microsoft VS. Apple

[Reply]

6. It is very awesome style publish and I like the articles of this publish very much.Please keep it up.

[Reply]

7. [...] Before you hit exit on all things internet related please make sure you check out my guest post over on 5 Minutes for Mom. It’s part 2 of How To Be A Mom in 2012 {part 1} [...]

8. This post seems to be to be very valuable, I am going to get a replicate. Many thanks for offering this to our attention.

9. Kimber says:

I think that whole placenta eating trend is so gross. Don’t some people just use it to wash their hair instead? LOL

Great post!
    Kimber recently posted..How it Really Works……

10. skin clinics says:

awe try not to worry to much soon enough she will frget all about it. just try to keep things light maybe make a joke about it, or just let it be forgotten. good luck…Thanks……
    skin clinics recently posted..Botox Treatment

[Reply]

11. Hehe, great list of some very wacky trends, some of which I have heard of, others that I haven’t got a clue about! Funny how even parenting is prey to the whims of fashion. :)
    idiosyncratic eye recently posted..FO: First and Third in the Round

12. Amanda
    Twitter: lilahbility
    says:

LOL. All so true! Visiting from the Write on Edge weekend link-up.
    Amanda recently posted..Wednesday of Few Words: The Makings of a Most Excellent Weekend

13. Tricia says:

Oh my some of these are not me at all but some are eerily familiar! ‘Have a mom blog’ as someone mentioned above is a definite addition to the list!
    Tricia recently posted..Baby steps

14. Christie says:

Cool list! Though I think I must be failing as a mom in 2012 because the only ones that I have are an iPhone (with Angry Birds and Where’s My Water but no learning apps). Nonetheless, great list. Now I have something to strive for :-)
    Christie recently posted..The Church of Baseball

15. Julia says:

Ohhh I am so a mom in 2012 right down to the Toms and hummus, lol. I love this list. I would add constantly update your facebook with your childest latest milestone.
    Julia recently posted..A Day at the Zoo

16. [...]  ALEX’S LIST of how to be a mom in 2012 – pretty much right on! [...]

17. Tricia says:

Ohhhh…..hmmmm….I think now I have to try to take some of these off my list. haha!
    Tricia recently posted..IT’S MY BLIRTHDAY!!!

18. Jamie
    Twitter: jamiegall1930
    says:

Create your child’s own facebook page… and through the years compile pictures of all their moments!
    Jamie recently posted..My BUDGET Friendly Travel Tips ;)

19. Nichole
    Twitter: justbooks4kids
    says:

I’m with Sandra on placenta eating hahah!!

Other than that I’ve probably done (or wanted to do) way too many things on this list.
    Nichole recently posted..Chick-fil-A Old School Games and Kid’s Meal Prize Pack GIVEAWAY!

20. Sandra6 says:

I have seen it written in a number of places but no matter how cool it may be I am always going to put people who eat their placenta down as stupid. Anything that comes out of that end of you is not supposed to be eaten!
    Sandra6 recently posted..pc tv tuner

21. LBN
    Twitter: frecklesinfog
    says:

document your child’s youth on instagram

22. YUMMommy
    Twitter: yummommies
    says:

Have a mom blog of course! LOL.
    YUMMommy recently posted..Doing Construction

[Reply]

23. Create toddler handprint crafts for every holiday, including (but not limited to) Leap Day, St. Patrick’s Day, IRS Tax Day, and Grandparents Day. Then scan ALL THE CRAFTS to make a photo collage of all the crafts to hang on your child’s gallery wall.
    Caitlin MidAtlantic recently posted..32 Weeks